Search for Good Repairmen in Hong Kong

jackson_chack

I would vouch for these 3 :

Mr. C. T. Lee of Panda Camera-Repair Service, Penthouse, Double Building, 22 Stanley Street.

Tel: 2522 9905, 2522 9908.

Miramar Hotel on Nathan Road/Kowloon (between Granville Road and Kimberley Road). Inside the Miramar Hotel on the second floor is: Shogun Trading Camera, Tel:(852) 23841968 (ask for shop owner Danny).

Coming out to Nathan Road from Miramar Hotel, make left turn, go toward and before you approach Granville Road you will see

Tung Ying Building. Inside this building on ground level is: Zhao Xing Guan, Shop G36, Tung Ying Building, 100 Nathan Road, Txim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Tel:(852)27220068, 27220161

I have recently inherited some lenses that need cleaning and removing fungi. Some of the lenses have "delicate" glass (like the 50 DR). Would the gentlemen mentioned earlier be able to clean them or should I send them over to Sherry Krauter or DAG? How much would these shops charge for such services? TIA.

I use Mr. Lee's service exclusively. He'll explain what's possible and what's not and the cost involved before he takes on a repair. Apparently, Chow Yun Fatt (Anna and the King; Bulletproof Monk), who's a Leica and Rolleiflex enthusiast, frequents Mr. Lee's office.