Rollei 6008 Macro

don_cameron3

<p>I posted a question over in the hasselblad forum about moving from 35mm DSLR to MF film for some close-up work - a couple of posts indicated that I should look at the Rollei 6008 for in body TTL. After some investigation it sounds like the 6008 might be a nice camera to move to (and it fits in my price range)<br>

Anyways, I was reading the Rollei Close-up Handbook and I have a couple of questions.<br>

(1) what is the least expensive way I can get to 1:2 with the 80mm lens - it looks like using extension tubes is the most cost effective<br>

(2) ebay has a few extension tubes for approx $200 each, bellows for $300 and the zoom extension tube for $1000 - can I get them anywhere cheaper?<br>

(3) why is the focus rendered useless with the reversing adapter, requiring bellows or zoom?</p>

<p>thanks for the info!</p>

<p> </p>

As to point (3), reversing the lens attaches the body to the lens's optical unit; the focussing helical only

moves the mount back and forth while said optical unit remains stationary relative to the film plane. You

can focus - you just have to do it by moving the camera back and forth.

<p>I don't think you can find cheaper extension tubes or bellows - they have to electronically couple to the lens, so as to operate its shutter and aperture motors; so they are not just "dumb" metal tubes and 3rd party alternatives almost certainly don't exist.</p>

<p>If you want the LEAST expensive way, an auxiliary close-up lens screwed on to the front would probably be less than $200. I dont know if you can get one to go close enough, and this is not as high quality as extension tubes. Bellows for $300 sounds like a bargain, but maybe I'm out of touch with current prices for rollei 6008. You also get TTL metering with 6003 and 6006. Which would save much $$.<br>

Richard Fateman</p>

<p>Hi gang, me again. I need a little help understanding the Object Image Ratio as written up in the Rollei Closeup manual.</p>

<p>I am wanting an Object-Image-Ratio of 2:1. So if the size of the little bird is 2cm, it will be 1cm on the film. <br>

When I look in the table on p5 for lens extension tubes for the 80mm F2.8 Planar, it list the OIR as decimal numbers from 9.33 down to 1.05. I am gussing if I want an OIR of 2:1, I should use Tube 3 (34mm) which will give me an OIR or 2.37:1.<br>

Is this correct?</p>