Finding an Ilford Smooth Pearl Alternate

<p>I print using Epson 3800 and 7880 printers. Historically used Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl luster for general printing and open editions. It has always printed what's on the screen (for the most part) perfect and all around good paper. I use Hahnemuhle Byreta for edition work (love it). <br>

Getting back to issue... sorry. I have had issues lately ordering the Ilford from my primary suppliers, either on hold, back order, discontinued. Wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this? I need an alternate luster that is comparable. Anyone have an "as good or better" recommendation? What about Hahnemuhel's Photo Luster 260? I have used Moab Lasal A2 cut sheets but not their rolls. Seems on the sheets artwork prints darker on Moab than what I get w Ilford.... Any thoughts? Thanks!</p>

<p>This may be news to you but Ilford went out of business in Q1-2014 so that's the end of that. Get any stock you want cause there is no more being produced.</p>

<p>You may want to look at Moab Exhibition Lustre although somewhat more expensive.</p>

<p>I think the Canson is in a different 'class' of paper (for the better). I use a fair amount of it and was using the Ilford Pearl for smaller prints. The Canson feels a lot heavier and a different texture. You may want to get a Canson sampler pack and make your own decision. I too bought a couple of hundred sheets of Ilford so am set for a good long time but will eventually be in the same boat as you. If you're in the US, you may want to check redriverpaper.com </p>