Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 lens profile for Photoshop

RickOpiekun

<p>Hi Folks.<br>

I did not know if this forum or the digital darkroom forum was the most appropriate location for this post, so I opted to try here. I was wondering if anyone has or knows how to get the lens profile for the Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 lens into Photoshop. When I bring an image in to Camera Raw, one of the options I frequently use is the one for lens correction. There are profiles for my other Nikon lenses, as well as my Tamron and Tokina. However, I do not see the profile listed for the 80-200 Nikon. Am I just missing it or is there a place to get it? And....if I can get the profile file from someone, how do I install it into PS CS5 and CC?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for the advice.<br>

Rick</p>

<p>There are (optically) 2 fairly different 80-200 f/2.8 lenses: the AF-S one, and the rest (which exist in various incarnations). Since they have different designs, you would first have to know which 80-200 f/2.8 you have.<br /> But on a whole, these lenses do not have a lot of distortion, so there isn't a lot to correct that is specific to the lens. There can be some traces of coloured fringes (blue/purple), but those can be removed with generic tools quite easily. So how important is having a specific lens profile?<br>

Sorry, just for clarity sake: that is a serious question, as I may be overlooking something useful about lens profiles...</p>