Epson Stylus photo 2200

<p>I've owned this printer for years, and I haven't used it for years. Now I'm concidering using it again for photo's. I used to use it for my art prints. My question is since I haven't used it for (I can't remember how many years) years, is there a cleaning process new software etc. I should do to it before I get back in use? Does Epson still sell the cartridges for it?</p>

<p>Epson still has the inks for the 2200, as does Atlex (atlex.com). Where you probably won't find them is in the brick-and-mortar stores (like Staples and Best Buy) that used to carry 2200 ink.</p>

<p>Are the ink cartridges still in the printer? If so, the inks may well have dried up by now, and you should replace them. Even then, you'll probably have to run several cleaning cycles to get it running again.</p>

<p>The "latest" 2200 driver available from the Epson site is dated 12/09, but there are new (2/14) ICC profiles available.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Several years ago, I replaced my 2200 with a 2880 when they had it on sale. I unplugged the 2200 and shoved it to the side and it just sat there for over a year. One day, I was wanting to try out an old laptop so plugged the 2200 in and hooked it to the laptop. Ran several cleaning cycles, had to replace a couple of the ink cartridges (but not all) and it worked like a champ.<br>

I'd run a bunch of cleaning cycles instead of replacing the cartridges right off. You might be pleasantly surprised and you have nothing to lose. And Epson still has the ink.<br>

Good luck.</p>