Who has used Windows 8 Touch Screen to Edit with Lightroom or Photoshop?

<p>I'm considering a new notebook and I'd like to get one that is photo editing capable.</p>

<p>Certainly ones with pens should work (although I'm going to ask an N Trig question too), but I'm wondering how practical it is to just use your finger on a touch screen in Windows 8/8.1.<br /> I would love reports from people who've actually done this.<br /> Thanks!</p>

<p>Jonathan, I have used Windows 8 tablets, not specifically to edit photos. Based on the experience, though, I am quite convinced it will not work. Finger control does not have the precision needed for image editing, in fact it doesn't come close to being accurate enough. Fun for paint-like programs, but surely not for more critical work. A second thing is that on some screens (but some are better than others), the traces of fingerprints remain quite visible and that doesn't exactly help the quality of the on-screen image.</p>

<p>So, for photo editing, I think devices as the Microsoft Surface Pro may be interesting, which work with a pressure-sensitive stylus as well (though, if I've understood well, the new Surface Pro took a step backwards for this). Otherwise, just a normal regular notebook with a mouse and/or something as a Wacom tablet.</p>

<p>That's good feedback! I had assumed that would be true for detailed editing, detailed masks etc. <br>

Do you think windows 8 touch screens are adequate enough for the sort of adjustments done in lightroom? I would assume that the Graduated Filter would work just fine.<br>

I wonder though what kind of control could be achieved with things like the Adjustment Brush and Spot Removal. <br>

I did see an interesting video online (whish I had bookmarked it) that showed someone using a conductive paintbrush to do adjustments. I don't know if it added precision; however, it did appear to deal with the problem of being able to see past your own finger!</p>