Shot my second wedding!

athena_cupp

<p>A couple of comments:<br>

<br />Image 1: too much room at the bottom. Could have greatly benefited from different framing/cropping. Personally, I find the lantern & the shadows of the rafters distracting and you lost details in the shadows. Maybe bring it up half a stop.</p>

<p>Image 2: Too much headroom and the hanging flower basket behind the bride's head is massively distracting. As is the person standing behind them. It's a cute candid moment but I'd remove the elements mentioned previously in post production.</p>

<p>Image 3: The lilies compete for attention with the bride's bouquet. I'm also not a huge fan of the direction of the light.</p>

<p>Image 4: The groom looks disinterested. They look like the first dance just ended and are waiting for further instructions.</p>

<p>Overall a really neat job for a 2nd wedding!</p>

<p>Use longer lenses when doing portraits as to separate subject from background. This avoids busy distracting and competing backgrounds. Watch the direction of light and make sure it illuminates the face. If image 3 is your best shot of the bride to show us then you need to really work on your portraits. The flowers are too close to her face and she looks scrunched with no neck and not enough light hitting her face. compare that with the one with her father and you see the difference. The first dance photo is nicely exposed but getting a good candid takes practice. The groom does look disinterested. It would have been better if you waiting for them to just look at each other.</p>

• 1 month later...