which wedding album for new photographer

mark_penny1

<p>Hi I did my first 4 paid weddings last year at a very reduced cost to build up my portfolio. This year I want to start charging £500 per wedding for 7 hours coverage. I'm now thinking of offering an album option on top, just one choice for now for ease. Can anyone recommend an album/supplier (in UK) suitable for a client at this price bracket. i.e. no point me trying to sell them a £1000 album at this stage. Also how much it costs you and how much do you charge the client? So basically I need something affordable and sells well to give me a bit more income.<br>

Many Thanks</p>

Needless to say I don't live in the UK! I think I may be able to offer some ideas for you. Can you call some

other photographers in or out of your area and ask them what they use?

Also, very often the pro labs which you may or may not use can lead you in the right direction. Hope this

helps!

<p>I can't recommend a UK supplier since I'm in the US. But for a low-cost wedding like that, you might want to look at printed photo books rather than photographic prints in a traditional bound album. Shutterfly and other US companies let consumers/photographers upload their files, combine them in books of various page sizes and page numbers, add captions, etc., then then print a bound book either in soft cover or hard cover. Pricing starts at about $20 and goes up but even the higher end would be cheaper than prints and a leather album. I presume there are UK companies that do the same. Traditional albums seem to be dropping in popularity in the US but an approach like this might appeal to young couples since it's "new."</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Hi there<br>

Loxley Colour in the UK are good and reasonably priced. They have free album designing software as well and I have always found them to be efficient and reliable. Similarly Sim2000 Imaging have a similar range of albums, similar free designing software and similar pricing - I have used both without any problems.<br>

Hope that helps.</p>