Sigma 50-150 f/2.8

kylebybee

To start out I plan on concentrating on portraits rather than weddings. I have a full time job so for now it's still learning and

getting experience. Hear is what I've got on my wish list at B&H, Westcott octa rapid box 26" with stand, Westcott

illumination reflector kit 6 in 1 42" square, Impact multiboom light stand and reflector holder, Sigma 50-150 old version

used, used D7000 (second body), OP/Tech dual harness. With one flash (sb800) and the reflector I'll get by for now.

Eventually I will go full frame even though I could make due......baby steps.

Thank you again everyone for your generous input, I appreciate it.

<p>i agree with craig, the extra reach of a 70-200 is often appreciated on DX, especially outdoor. when i shoot with both DX and FX bodies, the 70-200 usually goes on the DX body. along with the reach comes extra length and weight, however, which is why i still have the 50-150 sigma. i do find the 70-200 on DX can be a little long indoors, but that's not an issue if you're using two bodies and have a standard zoom or w/a on the other one.</p>

<p>IMO the OS version of the sigma 50-150 ruins the best thing about the earlier lens, the compactness. you might as well get a 70-200 if you're considering one of those since they're almost the same length-wise and bulk-wise. the non-OS model fits easily into small bags which can't accommodate the 70-200.</p>