Canon Mark III

darryl_hammond

<p>I don't actually see it, but I assume the problem is simply reflected light from the greenery. How are you setting white balance? You might try taking a shot with a neutral gray card positioned to have the same lighting, and use that to set white balance in post processing. Fill flash might also help.</p>

<p>hope it works. Hopefully you can try it when you don't have a client waiting. Post again if this doesn't do the trick.</p>

<p>If you are not shooting raw, you may want to consider that. When you shoot raw, white balance is completely under your control after the shot is taken. Some software will read the exif information and impose the WB you have on the camera, but it is just a mathematical calculation, not an actual change to the file, so you can change it however you want. It's sometimes harder to do this well will jpegs.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I don't actually see it, but I assume the problem is simply reflected light from the greenery</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I see some green in the subjects face (cheek) and on the back of his head, it looks very much like reflected light off the background. Any WB adjustment is going to impact the color of the background as well though. I assume you want to keep the background as much like the sample as possible...</p>

<p>It seems a relatively simple matter to fix in post - to mask in a green channel saturation drop -- only brushed on the faces. </p>

<p>Marcus makes a good point. Re WB: using a gray card shouldn't make the background less green than it really is, but in that case, it may not take care of the problem on the faces. So after reading his post, i think I would use a card to make sure WB is OK, and then to take care of problematic areas remaining. Lightroom's adjustment brush probably won't do the trick--it includes an overall saturation adjustment, but I don't know of any way to make color-channel-specific adjustments to a specific area. Perhaps someone else can chime in with a way to do it. The simplest would be to use a mask and adjustment layer in a program like photoshop.</p>

<p>This one is easy enough to fix in Photoshop by opening a hue/sat adjustment layer, select the green on the back of his head with the eyedropper, then dial down the saturation. Then add a layer mask and just paint the back of his head. It took me a few seconds. You could also do it with a photofilter layer by sampling the color and inverting the A-B components since the subjects skin is pretty neutral.</p>

<p>The bright foliage is acting like a green reflector and hence the green cast. Typically you see this in green screen photography where the spill can be big headache to remove. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see any green either.

Just a thought, maybe you can set your camera to the FLASH setting and hit the couple with a tiny amount

of flash. This flash should kill any green reflections on the faces and the cloths. The flash should over power

the green reflections.

You can also move then forward about 5 to 8 feet and you shouldn't have to worry about any of the green

reflections. If you move them forward you won't need to use a flash, unless you want to.