focus braket light not coming on

hammer531

<p>I have a nikon D200 . I recently took several pictures and everythig was fine . About an hour later I went to take some more shots and I noticed that the focus brackets in the view finder were no longer lighting up to indicate my point of focus . Nothing was changed between the two instances . Photos all appear to be in focus , focus confirmation light lites up , however the focus bracket does not . Has anyone else ever had this problem ?</p>

<p>Man, I was hoping that if I gave Michael some time, he would figure this out himself, but you guys are putting on the pressure.</p>

<p>The first thing that popped up in my mind was that the AF mode selection on the back of the D200 was switched to Dynamic Area AF with Closest Subject Priority, see page 54 of the D200 manual in English. In that caes the AF point selection is definitely not displayed inside the viewfinder, unless AF is switched off.</p>

<p>Otherwise, Custom Setting a7 can be used to switch off AF area illumination, but the selected AF point is still highlighted with a darker frame. It just doesn't switch into a red frame.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, photo.net pays me exactly nothing for my work here. They have offered to pay for the reviews, but they don't pay much and I declined. That is why I maintain a day job in the Silicon Valley that treats me reasonably well.</p>

<p>I hope everybody has a great holiday season as well.</p><div>00cFXa-544317684.jpg.7cc104743d656986ea6caa24c864c8a5.jpg</div>