Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 cleaning dust

<p>I have a Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 somehow I got a fairly large dust partial inside of the exterior glass. I watched a video on someone taking the glass out to clean it and it does not look real hard but I know I had been cautioned before about taking any SLR lens apart. Normally I would leave this alone but it shows up bad in my images. I would like to get some opinions on taking this apart and blowing it out with my rocket blaster. Here is a link to the video I am speaking of and the element I am talking about is towards the end of the video.</p>

<p>

<p>Are you sure the dust in the lens is actually causing the image degradation? Because usually, it really doesn't show all that much in images, and hence it usually makes no sense taking the risk of taking a lens apart to clean it. Maybe if you could post an example image showing your problem?<br>

The main issues with doing it yourself is that you'll probably be in a normal area full of dust. You clean one particle of dust, and while reassembling it, a great number of other dust particles enter... </p>

<p>It's highly unlikely that any dust particle at the front of the lens will have any impact on image quality.</p>

<p>This article pretty much covers the amount to which you need to damage a front lens element to get any noticeable changes in the image http://kurtmunger.com/dirty_lens_articleid35.html and I don't think many people disagree with the findings :-)</p>

<p>I would leave the lens alone. Dust is part of life in photography.</p>

<p>P.s. If you do notice spots on your images you may have dust on the sensor, which is more visible than on the lens. But show us an image first to see what you are talking about.</p>