Good, cheap alternative to Zenitar 16?

sarah_fox

<p>Well if they are watching you, maybe you can sell them some photos. lol. Put your ad in every email you send because you know they will read it. From what I have seen in the news lately, everyone is on the watch list. I just wish they would fix the dam pot holes! FIX THE POT HOLES! I'm sure they read that. ;-)</p>

<p>Great shot by the way.</p>

Cheers, Mark

<p>Thanks, Mark! It was the Equality March on DC in 2009. I felt it was a piece of history I should cover. The entire series is here...</p>

<p>http://graphic-fusion.com/equalitymarch.htm</p>

<p>My "watch list" thing was because of my lobbying activities in 1997, pre-911. I had already retired from activism before 2000. I guess now everyone's a suspected terrorist, so maybe there's comfort in numbers.</p>

<p>Oh, and while you're fixing the pot holes, PLEASE, PLEASE FINISH PAVING MY STREET! (They ground the surface off it and grooved it a couple of years ago, when it was a perfectly good asphalt road, and have yet to return for the resurfacing!)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks, Wayne! I think the Samyang 14 is on my shopping list for other reasons. When I eventually upgrade to a more sensitive body, I'd like to try some astrophotography. However, it's a totally different geometry -- a rectilinear (conventional) lens. I currently own a Sigma 12-24, which is even wider than that, but not as fast. But my widest of all is the 16mm (although it doesn't sound like it should be), because it's a fisheye. Rather than 122 deg diagonally, it yields 180 deg diagonally. The fisheye bends lines, but preserves the shapes of 3D objects. Rectilinear ultrawides stretch 3D objects in the margins, while not bending straight lines. Very different uses! ;-)</p>

<p>But yes, the Samyang 14 sounds like an awesome lens. I look forward to owning one.</p>

<p>Sarah, since you find the lens so offensive believe you should donate it to a photography student or something. There's no reason you should have to feel polluted by its mere presence.</p>

<p>I cannot help but feel this thread is more about politics than photography, and that's a damned shame.</p>