eos m and adapters

justthings

<p>I picked up an EOS M a while back and have the 22mm f/2.0 lens for it. Now that I have had it a while I am thinking of adapting lenses for it. My DSLR system is Nikon and I have 12-24 and a 50-135 zooms that I'd like to play with on the EOS M. Am I correct in thinking i can get the EOS EF-M adapter then get Nikon F to to Canon adapter so I can make those lenses work? This starts to sound like a bit of a Rube Goldberg contraption. I've never adapted a lens to use with another system and am wondering hat are the downsides of doing this?</p>

<p>Mr. Thompson...</p>

<p>I have the “M” and the Canon brand EF lens adapter. I use the M to EF adapter, then another adapter without the electrical connections, then to a beam-splitter 3D-Stereo lens. Everything goes OK except the correct Cannon flash will either be spot on or WAY off without discernable pattern.</p>

<p>A. T. Burke</p>

<p>I have the Canon M with EOS-EF, Minolta MD and M42 adaptor.<br>

So far So good.<br>

I didn't get the Canon branded adaptor, but get an off brand with lens contact.<br>

If you want to use Nikon lens, you can have an adaptor directly for your lenses insteed of using two stacked.</p>

<p>If you are only looking at adapting Nikon DSLR lenses, look for one adaptor with electrical connections to enable focus confirmation; I don't expect you can get any kind of open aperture metering.<br>

If you want to footle around with all sorts of lenses like M42/PS, often useful for cheap special lenses, bellows setups & stuff, go the Rube Goldberg way, with pride.<br>

Unlike A.T. & Denis, I don't have an M, but have had to use 2 adaptors to get where I want with EOS EF using PS and 3 adaptors with old Leica Visoflex lenses. <br>

No downsides except loss of focus confirmation, & maybe lots of adaptors.</p>

<p>AFAIK the Nikon 12-24 f/2.8 is a 'G' lens, with no aperture ring, and so needs a special (expensive) adaptor to let you set the aperture. If you already have the lens then the adaptor might be worth the cash, but it seems an odd pairing with the much smaller EOS M body.</p>

<p>Thanks all for the responses everyone. I already have the 12-24 lens (Tokina, not Nikon but like the Nikon there is no aperture ring) so this is about making use of what I have and know to be a good piece of equipment rather than chasing new equipment <em>per se</em>. The one thing I do not like about the M is Canon's non-existent support for lenses - they make UWA but do not market this in the US. I'm not sure why the size of the lens relative to the body should make a difference. I will look into the available adaptors and their capabilities - I wasn't aware for instance that there is a straight Nikon to EOS M adapter, hence my Rube Goldberg approach.</p>