Can not advance film! Roll stuck in camera & all functions locked!

jon_beck1

<p>Searched several threads, but found no answers. Tried rotating back to reset connection and successfully got the film advance lever to cock … once.<br>

Issue now - shot last frame of roll, film counter stuck at 10. Film will not advance, shutter will not fire, cocking lever will not move...<br>

How do I remove this roll from the camera?</p>

<p>I assume from the Forum Heading and your comment about orange and red indicators that you are talking about an RZ. First of all check the 'new' battery and, forgive me, that you have inserted it correctly - maybe clean the contacts and both ends of the battery.<br>

Then, as Edward has already suggested, use a changing bag or darkroom or in an emergency under a coat or blanket in a darkened room and remove the film from the back and wind it onto the spool. I would suggest you take the back off the camera to minimise the amount of equipment you have under cover.<br>

Does the camera work without the back?</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies - some clarification below:<br /> RZ67 Pro II<br /> Was able to get the film out eventually, but same issues persist. Tried two separate backs and both the 110 & 50mm lenses. Film cocking lever jams almost 100% of the time, and can only be freed by putting the the back in the "rotate" setting and fiddling with it until the lever free. Even then, it will sometime move a bit, jiggle back some more, then move the rest of the stroke, etc… Indicator lights came back on as well… sometimes.<br /> The rewind knobs on the (unloaded) film backs spin freely when detached, but now have a "ratcheting" sound when spun while attached to the RZ body.<br />Not familiar with the "red collar" mentioned above, but I don't recall ever shooting this camera with a cable release (this is primarily a hand-held field camera for me).<br />Have never experienced these issues before, and camera was working perfectly on a shoot all day yesterday, until literally the last frame of the day all this started. We traveled some rough roads and I'm wondering if something could have gotten jostled in transport, but not sure what to look for.</p>

<p>With the back off the camera:</p>

<ul>

<li>Film advance lever stuck in the up position</li>

<li>Lens is stuck on the camera (mirror locked up)</li>

<li>Shutter does not operate</li>

<li>Pushing shutter button displays orange light in glass (rightmost light - film advance indicator I believe)</li>

</ul>

<p>Hi, You could try and release shutter by pushing the mirror up button on lens. Take a pin or paper clip and insert into the mirror up cable release socket then push it, you should feel it move. If it works you can at least remove the lens. But it sounds like some other mechanical problem. Here is manual that might be of use if you do not have one. Good luck!<br>

<a href="http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya/mamiya_rz67_proii/mamiya_rz67_proii.htm">http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya/mamiya_rz67_proii/mamiya_rz67_proii.htm</a></p>

<p>The orange LED merely indicates the presence of the three states mentioned above that particular point in your last post. Essentially it means the cocking lever has not been advanced. From your previous explanation of the problems it appears that an interlock is preventing the lever being moved, which in turn implies, I am afraid, a mechanical failure of some sort, rather than something a user might diagnose.</p>