Nikon F4 MB-21 no power issue...

paul_hicks

<p>Recently acquired this combination. Camera looks clean. Apparently lightly used.<br>

I put 3 batteries in and noth works. Have made sure the camera is on, LEDs on MB-21 won't light, same with viewfinder. I read somewhere that batteries at positive end are wider than 6mm, these won't work. Looking carefully at the little recessed contact on positive end, it appears that the positive end of battery may not be making contact. Is there such an issue with the MB-21? Any ideas.<br /><br />Would appreciate any help.<br /><br />Regards, Paul.</p>

<p>I'm relieved because I didn't know about 3 three in the base. I read the download manual on the MB-21 but saw nothing about 3 being in the base. Stupid question but is there a link showing how to access the "slideout panel" to insert the 3 additional batteries?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'm relieved because I didn't know about 3 three in the base. I read the download manual on the MB-21 but saw nothing about 3 being in the base. Stupid question but is there a link showing how to access the "slideout panel" to insert the 3 additional batteries?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Don't leave home without it. That made me chuckle.<br /><br />Thanks all for your help. I was pretty stumped and was checking eBay for a replacement thinking I had a dud.<br>

Thanks for the tip re Youtube. I'm using it more for instructional purposes. I'm a ham radio operator and use it to get info about new radios. Unfortunately a lot of guys turn on the camera and start pushing button and spinning the dials without any dialogue. Useless without it.<br /><br />Thanks for your collective help. It's appreciated.<br>

Regards, Paul.<br />Picton, Ontario.</p>

<p>Glad it worked. Just for the record (since things are archived I will mention that it is now February 2014) Vermont Camera Works in Pittsford, VT has a minty looking MB-21 in their bargain bin for $19.95. I am not sure whether it's used or not, but it looks fine. Google for the URL if need be.</p>

<p>I think the Nikon website contains the full manual for the F4. </p>

<p>Don't leave home without it. That made me chuckle.<br /><br />Thanks all for your help. I was pretty stumped and was checking eBay for a replacement thinking I had a dud.<br>

Thanks for the tip re Youtube. I'm using it more for instructional purposes. I'm a ham radio operator and use it to get info about new radios. Unfortunately a lot of guys turn on the camera and start pushing button and spinning the dials without any dialogue. Useless without it.<br /><br />Thanks for your collective help. It's appreciated.<br>

Regards, Paul.<br />Picton, Ontario.</p>