Entire exposure compensation bar flashing on 1D

heath_hartwig

<p>The entire bar for exposure compensation is flashing on my 1D. everything from -3 to +3 flashes and I cannot get rid of it. Took out the battery, removed the memory card, messed around with different settings, everything I can think of. Because of this it's not allowing any actuations. All controls seem to be working, just this flashing bar overriding any photo taking</p>

<p>Anybody have any idea what the issue might be. Thanks.</p><div>00cPRF-545758184.JPG.1aabcae1b6ba3a67f69327b93e7b45a7.JPG</div>

<p>If removing <em>& replacing</em> (given the likely age) the date/time battery (not just the main battery)doesn't remedy it, I'd advise reinstalling the firmware (whatever the latest version you can download is). Who knows, a cosmic ray may have struck it, corrupting the installation on the camera.</p>

<p>If those do not fix it, it may be time to send it on its way (possibly due to a faulty piece of hardware), there is no way any kind of repair is going to be cost effective.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>look if every buttons, knobs, etc. are free to move.<br>

I had once some dust stuck under a button, I remove the outside cover and clean everything. Can be home-made reparation if you know how to use a screwdriver and have some knowledge electronic repair.</p>