self timer 6008i Rolleiflex

harry_hollander

<p>I have been wondering how the self timer on the Rolleiflex 6008 Integral (1) works. I have the manuals for the 6008 SRC and 6008 Integral 2, but they appear to be different in this respect.<br>

There is a button that appears to select the timer setting on the right side, below the DoF preview. But it does not change the function of the release buttons. How to activate the timer? Do I need an external cable for that? </p>

<p>All the best</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Harry,</p>

<p>You have the right switch. All you have to do is slide the switch from "norm" to "sp/timer icon". At the same time look down into finder hood. For a moment the display shows ' St =10" '. The "t" looks strange. Then the display shows its normal functions again. You have to be quick. Use the release button and you will see 'St =10" ' counting down. At 'St =2" ' the mirror is raised and at 'St =0" ' The shutter is released.</p>

<p>It is however possible that a different function was assigned to the "special/timer key" by a previous user. I hope not. You may need a Master Control unit to reset the key. At the moment I cannot find my manual, I hardly ever use it, so I cannot check the scope of the reset function on the camera.</p>

<p>Best regards,<br>

Ferdi.</p>

<p>Thanks Ferdi,<br>

I fear your suggestion is probably correct. The switch does not give this reading (it is hard to tell exactly what it says, something like "no atar" followed by "off" before it returns to normal again. So I did follow the correct procedure.<br>

I guess I need to contact the former owner for the Master Control, which he may still have, there was something at the time he could not find (he did have lots of gear, including 50 film inserts for the Pentax 645 or so, and a complete 67 system, besides much else.)<br>

All the best,<br>

Willem</p>

<p>I have found the manual for the 6008i. Special functions were assigned to the 6008i using the Master Control. They can be reset with the Master Control and the reset can be done without the Master Control, using the in-camera reset function.</p>

<p>On the 6008i camera body: Start with selecting the reset setting on the exposure metering selection knob. That is the one were you can select multi-zone, spot-metering or multi-spot-metering. The fourth (green) position is the reset setting. After selecting "reset", push the adjacent button labeled "mirror" for mirror-up. Finally turn the knob from "reset" to the desired exposure metering mode. </p>

<p>This should reset special functions and hopefully the standard timer function is re-assigned to the special/timer key.</p>

<p>Ferdi.</p>