Epson V300 for 8x10 negs?

olivier_duong

<p>No, the V300 only has a large enough transparency adapter to scan one strip of 35mm film.<br>

You need an Epson V700 or V750. If you like SilverFast, the incremental cost of the V750 is worth it to get SilverFast Ai instead of SilverFast LE. If you don't like SilverFast, buy the V700. I've been very happy with my V750 for negatives from 120 to 5x7.<br>

Nothing "cheap" applies to 8x10. (Smile.)</p>

<p>The Epson 4990 also will scan 8x10 transparencies.<br /> There's also some Microtek scanners that do 8x10.<br /> I believe the Canon 9500 will scan 8x10 (but not the 9000, or 8xxx series).<br /> As a last resort there's also the HP Scanjet G4050. For 8x10 it would likely be alright, but it's downright unusable for 35mm negatives.</p>

<p>The V300 would be able to scan 8x10 reflective material (prints) but not transparencies (negatives).</p>

<p>I use a g4050 (but not for 10x8 - I'm too poor :-) BUT<br /> The HP drivers are awful and cause no end of problems however I have got superb results with Vuscan and I expect, but have no personal experience, that Silverfast will also do a good job.</p>

<p>Nick</p>

• 2 weeks later...