Workflow - Client feedback on photo edit

lucas_lew

<p>Hi, <br>

My name is Lucas. I am a software developer. I have recently done my pre-wedding photo shooting . After we chose the photos that we would like to be printed in an album, the company will then continue to some photo edit and touch up.<br>

What i have gone through is this:<br>

1) The company sent the photos to me in email.<br />2) we download all the photos, go through them.<br />3) On those that we think needs more edit, we open up paint, circle and comment in the photo itself.<br />4) We zipped up the photos and send back through email again.<br>

Now after a round or two of the process above, i find myself hard to keep track on those photos status(where is the original copy? How is the old copy compare to the new copy?). So the software developer in me is thinking about a web tool to do make the above process less painful.<br>

I am wondering whether you guys have the above practice? or there is some tool that you guys use for the above workflow already?<br>

Share your thoughts? Feel free to PM me too.<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>Depending on what software you use to do your editing. Lightroom will do most of your editing and also keep track of each version, either as a snapshot at each stage or as a virtual copy. Your original will also always be untouched as Lightroom is a non-destructive editing program.</p>

<p>So the photographer just shot & burned and you found an editing house that deals with a consumer directly?<br>

<br />Or "by the company" do you mean the photographer who took the photos? If that's the case, you're dealing with somebody who hasn't discovered proofing sites. Honestly, I haven't heard of anybody doing rounds of edits/photo delivery via email quite a long time. </p>