unable to recock Hasslblad 150mm c lens

dave_james1

<p>Hi<br /> Accidently fired Hasslblad c lens when removed from camera body,am unable to recock the lens by recocking shutter with coin etc,it would appear to be locked,any ideas how to overcome this,if possible to dismantle ,has anyone the experience to advise.<br /> Thanks Dave</p>

<p>Before you dismantle anything: Check if the shutter has really released. There is a small lever in the rear bayonett inside a small round metal collar. Move this lever and see if the shutter fires. If it does you should be able to recock the lens again with a coin.<br>

Ulrik</p>

<p>Dave,</p>

<p>You will have to take it to a repair shop. I'm not familire with repair shops in France. Here are some:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/partner-locator/europe--africa/france.aspx">http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/partner-locator/europe--africa/france.aspx</a></p>

<p>Or the main importer:<br>

Hasselblad France SAS<br />5 passage Piver<br />75011 Parie<br />France<br>

Phone number +45 70 26 08 00</p>

<p>Perhaps someone knows of an independant repair shop in France that could help.<br>

Good luck!</p>

<p>The rear mount comes off with 8 screws pretty easily, but to get much further into the mechanism, it is best to remove the rear lens group, which <em>should</em> be done with a optical spanner to avoid damage.</p>

<p>The shaft gear drives a ring, which tensions the shutter and actuates the aperture. Something may have fallen into the gears to jam it. Getting in there depends on how comfortable you are with tiny screws and gears around the clean glass.</p>

<p>If you have a good store that does inhouse repairs (we still have one) it's not expensive for them to take a look, it only gets expensive if they have to order a part... And remember, repairs cost twice as much if they have to fix your work too ;)</p>

"Manfred, there is a design problem with that camera...every time you drop it that pin breaks"

<p>Thank you all, for your instructive comments,i am in between a rock and a hard place re the repair,my friend had a repair carried out on his Hasslblad lens in England and the cost was nearly as much as a mint lens on E Bay.<br>

Am a retired engineer,but my job was Digital Proofers not quite the same as a Compur shutter mechanisms,i think i will chance my arm at a tentative strip down and inspection,if a success or disaster i will report back,i think i will have a strong brandy to give me courage.<br>

Thanks once again for your kind assistance.<br>

Dave</p>

<p>Hi All<br>

Well i did as Tom suggested removed eight screws and carefully removed end plate,there is some friction but pull out square to the lens,used a magnifying glass to inspect the Hair spring that resets the small actuating arm,this appeared in good condition and activated the return of the arm when moved,i placed the arm in the open position which in a perfect world allow me to recock the shutter and blow me down with a feather!! it worked .<br>

I worked on a white cloth so as to see any misplaced srews,used a magnifying glass,a container for the screws,a bright bench light,a note pad,and an inspection type magnet in case a screw went inside the mount.<br>

When you place the plate back on to the body of the lens,take care with alignment and dont use force,enter all 8 screws using interference fit ie a bit loose when all in place, tighten.<br>

I now have my lens back and didnt need the brandy.<br>

Thanks again. Dave </p>