Nikon 35mm F1.4

sim_m

<p>Ebay search for "nikon rubber grip ring" brings up various things, none for your lens in particular.<br>

Maybe a larger one can be cut down and glued to suffice? (obviously not great but probably functional).<br>

At work, we cut down and join o-rings to make smaller ones. We use an instant adhesive called Black Max that gives a great joint.</p>

<p>What's gone wrong with the existing rubber Sim? If it's gone a bit sticky and stretched, then it can sometimes be revived by soaking in methylated spirit, which hardens and shrinks the rubber back to original size. If ripped, then a methyl methacrylate adhesve (superglue) will bond it back together. Really stretched grips can have a section of "knobbles" cut out of them and then be glued back onto the focus ring.</p>

<p>Thanks all for your help.<br>

Joe the rubber has ripped from more than one area. It works fine without the rubber grip, but I would prefer to have it on. I tried looking for at least a match from another model or even brand.</p>

<p>Nikon no longer provides parts to individuals. You'll have to send it to Nikon for replacement of the rubber grip. While it's there they will clean your lens and make sure it is functioning perfectly. BTW, I have a 50 f1.2 ai lens with a worn out rubber grip and I ordered a replacement for $14.00 a few weeks before Nikon Repair's change in policy. Give them a call, maybe they'll make an exception.</p>