Yashica Minister D - which battery to use.

<p>Just received a Minsiter D, but it does not have a battery with it. Which is the best battery to use with this camera ?<br>

I have been trawling the internet, etc, and gather that a Wein cell is the most accurate, but does not last too long. PX625's are available, but I believe they have a 1.5v output, which would/could affect exposure.<br>

Anyone with the Minister D and who can suggest the best and most appropriate battery, I would like to hear from them.<br>

Thanks in anticipation.</p>

<p>It's been a while since I used mine, but I put an alkaline 625 sized cell in mine, and found it worked pretty well. The alkaline does not have as steady voltage as the now very rare silver oxide version, but it lasts a while. There's some slack in the adjustment, and you can probably offset the ASA setting to get closer. </p>

<p>I"d try it first with an alkaline, and see if you can figure out how close the reading is by comparing it to a known good meter. If it's not too far off, just adjust the ASA setting to compensate.</p>

<p>Butkus has the original manual in pdf form at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica/yashica_minister_d/yashica_minister_d.htm<br /> If you download and use it make the $3 donation he uses to support the site...</p>

<p>At the same URL he also has a couple of files on how to work around the lack of mercury batteries in today's world.</p>

<p>The Wein cells work fine, but don't last very long in use.</p>

<p>I still have a few cameras that take the PX625, so I bought a Cris MR-9 adaptor. It accepts an S76 silver battery, fits perfectly and lasts for a couple of years in my cameras. It's a little pricey at $30 but for rotating among several cameras can't be beat. Sometimes you find yourself running a $20 camera with a $30 adapter but that's the times we live in.</p>