ACDSee PRO 7 editing question.

Hi every body .

I am using ACDSee editing program for converting my images from NEF to JPG under windows 7,and I have using this program since

its 2.5 version till the current & version.

My problem is when viewing the NEF images it shows the images in certain form ,which is usually very excellent

,when I go to the develop mode of the program ,I can not develop the images using the lighting ,colors,and white

balance controls ,to the result the program did in the view mode.

I am asking if there is any way to get the results of the inherent program controls when it views the NEF images

,to apply it in the develop mode ,in order to get the same results.

I would appreciate any hints,answers,or suggestions so very much.

Thank you all in advance .

<p>Saad, I have very little experience with ACDSee Pro (tried version 6 Trial version, but not for long), so my guess might be completely wrong. But I think the ACDSee viewer shows the preview image embedded in the NEF file, rather than a preview of how the ACDSee engine would render it. This means: the preview is the same as your camera would have created a JPEG.<br>

You could verify this using the (free) ViewNX2 program from Nikon, and export JPEG images using this program, and then make a comparison. The JPEGs produced by ViewNX2 should be identical to what the camera does. If they look identical to the ACDSee previews, it means you actually like how the Nikon programs render Nikon files - and then it could be worth giving CaptureNX2 a try to see if it better meets your editing needs.</p>

<p>As <strong>Wouter</strong> said Saad, ACDSee preview the embedded jpg format, so if you like this jpg you can extract it from the RAW file by using program like <a href="http://michaeltapesdesign.com/instant-jpeg-from-raw.html">instant jpeg from raw</a> extractor. This program will give you a jpeg file exactly what ACDSee show in view action, but the file size not more than 2M because it is a JPEG ( lossy and compressed ). For a bigger size you should shoot RAW+JPEG from the camera.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>how to get the JEG imbedded in the NEF file without any change</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Easiest way is seriously ViewNX2, and that will give you full resolution high quality (also 16-bits TIFF if needed, for example). You can find more info and a link to the download site <a href="http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/software/viewnx2/">here</a>.</p>

Wouter Willemse .

Thank you so much ,I appreciate your time and effort.

In fact after reading your first reply here I have tried many programs to extract the imbedded JEP without any change ,but unfortunately in all those I have tried there a perceivable changes either in colors,or else.

I remembered I've got a copy of of NX2 with my D3 nikon,so I have installed it and WOW ,I astonished with the results ,there is no any perceivable results between the NEF and the JEP what so ever .

So ,I had to thank you ,if you haven't mentioned the NX2 in your reply ,I would never figured it .

And I have got to thank you again for the link in your second reply ,I really got know how to use the program in its full capabilities.

Stay well and fine ,and accept my best regards .

Saad

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Under the "Tools" Menu, select Options menu. This will display all the set up options with a hierarchical tree structure. Under the "General branch", you will see two radio buttons under the title of raw display. The radio buttons say "Speed: use embedded jpg" and "Quality: perform high quality decode". This is where you will detrermine if you use the embedded jpg for preview, or not.<br /> <br /> By the way, I moved from Lightroom about a year ago, and would NOT move back if you paid me. I like ACDSee Pro 7 very much.</p>