Photoshop action

<p>Joel said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Greater than Gatsby Photoshop Actions might be what you're after.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Looks like they have a fairly nice set of layer images (though, I suppose, these layer/masks are fairly easy to produce on your own as well). But since I haven't done much post-processing beyond the basics for some time (I did some pre-press work way back when), I had no idea these types of products were available.<br /> <br /> I bought my first full copies of Adobe Photoshop/Pagemaker/Illustrator in the early 1990s, but only currently own a pre-CS3 license, and unfortunately, it's for Windows (remember when they used to give you both?). Since we switched to all-OS X machines, I've been working "suite-less," so, I'll be glad to finally upgrade to the current (and, last) CS6 boxed media set for OS X. I'm looking forward to trying some of these newer third-party action sets out.<br /> <br /> Are there any other particularly good PS action sets anyone can recommend?</p>

<p>Diana, as you can see from the responses, there are thousands/millions of photoshop actions that create various effects. It would be hard to track down the one you noticed. You can look on the site that have been suggested and pick a similiar action. </p>

<p>As Jeff points out, there are some simple ways to colorize. For example, make a new layer and fill it with a solid color of your choice, then change the blend mode to color or hue, or experiment with other blend modes.<br>

<br />After that, you can always use a mask to limit the effect to certain parts of your image. If you want to get into Photoshop deeper, I suggest lynda.com for various online tutorials. They are very good but they are a pay service.</p>