Co-ordination between CS6 and Creative Cloud

<p>I took up Adobe on its offer to subscribe only to Photoshop CC and Lightroom. My intention is to continue working with my CS6 InDesign and CS6 Dreamweaver programs. I have two questions in this context, which may interest others who have a similar inclination:</p>

<p>Question 1: When downloading the above two CC programmes, I somehow seem to have missed downloading Bridge CC. Is that function not included in the offer? If it is, how can I get access to it? If it is not, then Question 2 becomes relevant.</p>

<p>Question 2: I can use Bridge CS6 to get entry into Photoshop CC. I can also use Bridge CS6 to co-ordinate my color settings from CS6 with those in Photoshop CC. However, ACR accessed directly from Bridge CS6 gives me the older ACR (7) version that came with CS6. This is not a problem at present, but will increasingly become so, when Adobe will continue updating the ACR conversion machine in CC. Is there a Kluge that will allow me to access the newest version for ACR directly from Bridge CS6?</p>

<p>Bridge is no longer automatically installed, which makes no sense to me. You can open your Creative Cloud app and in the Apps tab you should see all the software you can download. It's in there.</p>

<p>Should mention, Bridge CC no longer has the Output tab, so if you used Bridge a lot to make pdf's, then you'll still need CS6 Bridge. Fortunately, the install doesn't overwrite the old versions, so you still get the best of both worlds. I read somewhere that it'll be back in a future iteration. </p>

<p>Just curious, Emil, but what was the download file size of Photoshop/LR CC? Or how long did it take to download?</p>

<p>One of the reasons I ask is about a month or so ago I'ld tried downloading only the trial version of CS6 and was forced to use the CC download manager app. The file size was around 2GB which I had to hunt around to find the progress bar that showed this until I eventually found it by clicking on my account name on Adobe's download site page within Safari, my browser.</p>

<p>It was confusing trying to figure out whether I was working through the CC app or my browser, but once I saw the 2GB download progress bar I stopped the download and gave up. I have a 1.5mbs DSL connection and I wasn't going to wait that long just to try out CS6.</p>

<p>Just asking to see if things have improved by way of CC downloading.</p>

<p>Rich, thanks for your comment. As a result, I clicked on the icon Creative Cloud in the Applications Folder and got, as result, a list of all the programs included in CC. There I could also see the programs I could install (Bridge among them) and the remainder of the programs that I could only "Try". I installed all the programs I could "install" and as a result, I now have Bridge as well as Photoshop and Lightroom, plus a host of other programs I don't really know if I need. There is one program however that seems essential. It is called "Exchange Panel (for CS6 co-ordination)". I am not sure about this program's functions, since no information is given by Adobe. But I hope this means that some valuable functions, for instance, co-ordination of color settings, will carry over into my InDesign CS6, if I set them in Bridge CC.</p>

<p>Tim, the installing of CC took some 5 minutes. So no big deal for me. However, I have broadband (slowest Swedish version), not a telephone cable connection. </p>

<p>Tim, further, I think that downloading only Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom, together with the other programs you are allowed to install with the favorable photographers' offer, will be much much smaller than the 2GB you are referring to. The latter number will surely include all the programs Adobe has in CC, such as InDesign, Dreamweaver asf.</p>

<p>Exchange Panel Info page is <a href="http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/exchange/">HERE</a>.<br>

Tim, when I download through the cloud app, it shows a download bar and percentage for whatever is downloading, but you have to be on the App tab. CS6 uses the CC app now for updates too. When it installed, it should have overwritten the old Download Manger app.<br>

A few days ago the job upgraded and I downloaded and installed Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom 5, Media Encoder and Muse. The strange part is that it downloaded both 32 and 64 bit. The whole thing took only an hour.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>CS6 uses the CC app now for updates too. When it installed, it should have overwritten the old Download Manger app.<br /> <br />A few days ago the job upgraded and I downloaded and installed Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom 5, Media Encoder and Muse. The strange part is that it downloaded both 32 and 64 bit. The whole thing took only an hour.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I did download the CC app manager. It had to be because the interface & instructions as to what I was agreeing to was quite different from the regular Adobe Download Manager. Whatever download app I was using listed a bunch of apps I didn't want which weren't selected except the CS6 trial which did show a progress bar that appeared to be frozen. I couldn't tell if it was downloading anything. My Adobe account drop down menu within the browser showed me at least the size of file I was downloading but even then it didn't give a percentage or any sign how fast it was going to download.</p>

<p>After reading that Exchange Panel info page I'm of the mind now that Adobe is getting knee deep into servicing a content producing software buyer sector that's just way over my head from a vendor/buyer relationship aspect especially when trying to navigate and understand what the hell I'm looking at on Adobe's site. That page made no sense as to what or why I needed to have an "Exchange" app. When they started mentioning XZP files I knew that app wasn't for me but I still don't know if I'm going to have to use it to download one single app.</p>

<p>If the process of simply downloading an app just to try it out has become this complicated, Adobe is doing things on another level I just can't comprehend. At least I'm going to wait a while till everything about downloading through CC has enough time to work the bugs out if there even are bugs. I certainly couldn't tell.<br /> <a name="pagebottom"></a></p>