Package printing

dparrish - SW Florida

<p>I have a client who is interested in "Package Prints" ONSITE at an upcoming event. I'll be shooting, tethered to a laptop, and can print dye-sub 5x7, and Epson inkjet up to 13x19, but will probably limit that to 8-1/2x11 sheets.<br>

What software would be good for multiple sizes (same image) on a single sheet? For example, 1 5x7 + 4 wallets on a single sheet.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Dick P</p>

Green screen?

You will surely get different textures between inkjet and dye sub. Well it's something to think about for the future. Also expect inkjets, the actual jets will plug up. (From experience)

Sony and Kodak don't make the pro dye subs anymore. grrrr too bad.

The printers our 2 studios are using are DNP's. We have a 5X7 and an 8X10. The 5X7 prints a 5X7 in 15 seconds; also 4 wallets in 15 seconds. The 8X10 printer is a shade slower, but it's the fastest out of all the printers (dye sub) and prints in 35 seconds.

I'm not sure about Hot Folder as Tom suggested, however I'm sure he knows his stuff.

For printing a 5X7 and 4 wallets I'm using Photoshop 3. Under FILE you simply select batch files and then you can select 1, 5X7 and 4 wallets, or 2, 5X7's, and also 1, 8X10.

Sadly Photoshop made a really stupid mistake and anything after PS 3 you have to go into BRIDGE to do the batch files. So aggravating. I will need to keep PS3 forever I guess.

If you are using a Green Screen send another post. This becomes a different answer.

If you plan on doing a lot of these events, such as Christmas events, buy the 8X10 DNP printer. It looks expensive however I paid for them in 2 golfing events.

I'm still loving the Kodak 9810 and I bought a pile of media. 30 boxes. The color is really the best out of all of the printers on the market. Of course this is a subjective viewpoint.

Hope this helps.