Wedding Shoot Prices

jdemoss99

<p>I have a friend asking me to do their engagement/wedding pics, Ihave only done one wedding and that was to see what I think about it. She has been quoted 500.00 to 1000.00 just for the photographer to show up, now I am no professional at all but do ok on pics, I want to get some input of what I should charge ecspecially just handing over the pics and letting them get them printed, I would do all the touch up needed before delivery, I thought at least 300.00 since they would get pics without me printing them, input welcome</p>

<blockquote><p>MODERATOR NOTE</p>

<p>Please continue the conversation here: <a href="/wedding-photography-forum/00c60p">http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00c60p</a></p></blockquote><div>00c5zp-543204084.jpg.3dcd857575a987baae7b3c27ffe30426.jpg</div>

<p>This is more to do with Weddings and Social Events than using a Pentax Camera - I shall seek to get it moved.<br>

Addressing your question: where are you in this world ? i.e. 300 what?<br>

I'll guess US dollars - my comment is: $US300 to $US500 seems a "fair" position for you to take given what you outline - but I shall also warn you, that the devil, is in the details.</p>

<p>For example: have you thought about what might happen if it goes belly up?<br>

And I am not discussing "belly-up" with your friends and you, that is a matter of its own. <br>

I mean belly up (as only one example) with the small kid at the reception who runs into your camera and cuts his head . . . do you have insurances?<br>

This is just one question which you should ask yourself.</p>

<p>WW<br>

</p>