Lexar 800x 64gb CF memory on d800e

ws_ho

Dear all,

I recently bought the above CF card for my D800E. But Nikon CS said that this card is still not stable for it.

(In fact, nikon have not update their compatible memory cards list since the first publishment.)

Would any one who have the experience on such type of CF card, please share with us.

I would return it if it cannot stably use on my camera.

I have tried to search the infomation on web but cannot get any result. Sorry, if it has already posted on

previous threads. Thanks.

<p>"But Nikon CS said that this card is still not stable for it." - Not being specifically listed by Nikon is definitely <strong>not</strong> the same as being "unstable". Where did you find out about this instability?</p>

<p>I suspect that Nikon very rarely updates any of their approved card lists, and then only if the card manufacturers go out of their way to submit free samples for approval. Note the word "approved" is used, and not "compatible" - subtle difference. There are many other brands than Sandisk or Lexar, but very few apart from those two ever seem to get on the approved list.</p>

<p>The following are my own criteria for card compatibility:<br /> Does the camera recognise the card? Can the camera format the card? Can you take and replay pictures with it? If the answer to those questions is "yes", then the card is compatible.</p>

<p>It's never let me down yet.</p>

<p>PS. It wouldn't hurt to stick the card in a reader and run <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.heise.de/software/download/h2testw/50539&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dheise%2Bh2testw%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG">this software</a> on it to check its integrity.</p>

<p>My experience is that Nikon never updates the memory card compatibility chart after the initial introduction of a DSLR. Some people like to quote Nikon's literature or web site concerning compatibility, but in fact Nikon's own information tends to be out of date from as early as a few months after the introduction.</p>

<p>I have used various 32G CF and 64G SD cards on the D800E without any problems, but unfortunately I have never tried the specific card the OP has in mind. Since it is a Lexar and the D800E can definitely use 64G cards, I seriously doubt that it is not compatible.</p>