Rebel XS1 and XSi

ghatothkach_yadav

<p>guys...<br>

Few years back I decided, to move from my Nikon 35mm to Canon EOS/Crop sensor for moving to digital. My Rebel XSi/EOS450D has been good. I have been waiting for Canon to upgrade its Crop-Sensor, but it continues to lag behind competition.. <br>

In that I now see this XS1 and recently found that the <a href="http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-bp-450d-500d.html"> Phottix Battery Grip BP-450D/500D </a> is also compatible with the EOS 100D which is the XS1... I wanted to know if there are any 450D and 100D(XS1) share the same type of battery and if they have the same size ?<br>

G</p>

What in your Rebel XSi is limiting you to make better photos?

Cameras life is more related to the number of "shutter actuations" than it is to it's age, so, if you don't have a particular

complain, and your camera has a lot less than 100,000 photos, you may continue using your current camera. If, on the

other hand, there is something in particular that you don't like from your camera, then we may help you recommending a

camera that could help you solve that specific characteristic.

Also, as you consider Canon's APS-C cameras "continues to lag behind competition", and you already used Nikon

cameras before, it is worth sharing what you see on other cameras that attracts you, perhaps including what's your

investment in Canon accessories to evaluate if it is cost effective for you to change to another system.

<blockquote>

<p>I have been waiting for Canon to upgrade its Crop-Sensor, but it continues to lag behind competition..</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'm not so sure. I still have the T2i body, and it really is pretty good at 18-megapixels, especially when used with really good glass. There have been upgrades since the T2i as well. I am quite astounded by the Digital Rebel line. I'm rather proud of a couple of the<a href="/photodb/folder?folder_id=1055739"><em><strong> test shots</strong></em></a> that I managed to capture with it. I have moved on to other cameras, but in my opinion these little cameras are absolute gems.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Cameras life is more related to the number of "shutter actuations" than it is to it's age</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No, this is a common misunderstanding. The shutter isn't the only part that will fail on a camera, and some cameras work fine after a million of shutter actuations. Age can certainly have a very negative effect, especially in humid environments for example. But simply put: you cannot predict when a camera will break, simple as that. Not by age, not by shutter actuations, not by reading the palm of your hand.</p>

<p>Anyway. That does not change the fact that it's indeed a bit strange to hold back a (buying) decision because of a sensor (which is just part of the total equation that makes a camera). that is used by a brand you're not using and haven't invested into. Frankly, there is hardly anything wrong with the 18MP sensor that Canon has used on many models. Many good photos made with that sensor. The quality of that sensor is really not likely to hold back your photography. So, if you feel you really need to replace your 450D, pick the model that works best for you and has the features, size and weight that works for you, rather than letting the sensor that sits inside it decide which one to get.</p>

<p>thanks... <br>

by far the biggest reason I am thinking of the upgrade is a technology refresh, there are a number of things which have changed since the 450D like the ISO range, the MP, etc... Not that I am unhappy with my 450D, but I guess I need to get a new one soon.. I already have a few of the canon lens's so dont want to change the format... <br>

May be I will wait till the T6i/750D is out... if they substantially upgrade it from the T5i then I will go for it, else I will probably save money by buying the T5i instead then... <br>

I was considering the XS1 for its closer size, may be I should try it once..<br>

G</p>