Tethering solution with peaking?

<p>Haven't seen one. But you CAN get a fairly inexpensive external HDMI display that has peaking built right in. I use one from Lilliput, and it works quite well. Of course you have to be able to hand it an HDMI signal from the camera (or in a secondary display port from the tethered laptop).</p>

<p>Matt, thanks for the idea, I will check out HDMI displays. I haven't thought of this, but still, it would be nice to shoot tethered from my Macbook without carrying around one more piece of equipment.<br>

Anyway, this helps, if there is no such software, I'll go for the external display. Thanks!</p>

<p>I've found that little HD display to be quite useful in unexpected ways, actually. A small talent-facing display, or for video shooting, etc. And they can run on cheap batteries without wearing down the laptop.<br /><br />The model I use also has a histogram and clipping display, and a false color display for scenes with odd color/contrast issues. Good luck!</p>

<p>Hi Jeremy--<br /><br />Yeah, Lilliput's product descriptions are a little ... opaque!<br /><br />Better to read the listings at the retailer web sites, where they (often, badly!) spell out the details. Just <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-Peaking-Exposure-Monitor-Battery/dp/B007VTDLCW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1369272728&sr=8-9&keywords=lilliput+peaking"><strong>fer instance</strong></a>. You'll usually see the peaking feature referred to as a peaking "filter."<br /><br />Some of them are more expensive because they have component inputs or come with other hardware. The one I got came with the fold-out hood (highly useful), and a third party battery/charger. Bought a couple of cables separately, for camera-to-display when used up close, and when it's out on the end of a 12' crane.</p>

• 3 weeks later...