X-Pro 1 flash

<p>I am moving from EOS system to the X-Pro 1. I shot weddings for several years w/EOS and still have eq. although I don't do weddings any longer. Just ordered the X-Pro 1 to lighten the load when traveling. Also ordered 14mm 2.8 and 35mm 1.4 lenses.</p>

<p>I'm unsure about which flashes I could or should use. I have 3 Canon 550EX flashes and a ST-E2 transmitter as well as several OCSC-2. <strong> Can anyone advise </strong>if any of this system is compatible w/X-Pro 1<strong>?</strong></p>

<p>The 550EX is rather large as a travel flash and I would prefer something smaller. I could use it for family snaps when not traveling. The Fuji EF-X20 is nice size but pricy and unavailable currently and I'm preparing for a trip shortly.</p>

<p><strong>Anyone have any experience</strong> w/other brands on the X-Pro 1<strong>? </strong> I prefer as automatic a flash system as possible.</p>

<p>I did a PN search and a Google search without satisfactory result. <strong>Can anyone assist?</strong></p>

<p>Thanks, Cliff</p>

<p>I'm using a Nikon flash unit with an XE 1 with the flash in AUTO mode. Adjust the camera's aperture to match the setting on the flash. Works well for me and it was practically free since I already had the Nikon unit. Just keep the camera shutter speed 1/125 or below. Any shoe mount flash with AUTO mode will work but the flash sync trigger voltage should be kept below 300 volts according to the Fuji's manual (at least the XE 1 anyway). My Nikon flash is around 13 volts DC when fully charged.</p>

<p>Working the way B Tipton suggests you could use a compact Sunpak Auto 20 as I bought several decades ago which is fine for close snaps as you appear to want to take.* Such an old flash would probably need a hotshoe adaptor** to accept the sync cable but dpreview tells us that the camera works directly off the hotshoe with EF-20, EF-42, EF-X20 which I guess are quite compact units. How much do you want to spend :-) <br />* further away if you up the ISO.<br />Photo shows my unit with optical triggers ... not your question of course :-)</p>

<p>EDIT** <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-SC-5-Adapter-Standard-Connection/dp/B0016120M8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367471465&sr=1-3&keywords=Flash+adaptors">http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-SC-5-Adapter-Standard-Connection/dp/B0016120M8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367471465&sr=1-3&keywords=Flash+adaptors</a> $10 plus P&P</p><div>00bbn5-535265584.jpg.4a94c509cb9cf130f6157672052706a6.jpg</div>