Sandisk card not reading...

pashminu

<p>I have Canon EOS 450D and 32gb Sandisk card - Sandisk Ultra SDHC. 30mb/s.</p>

<p>Problem: I have shot over 100 photographs yeaterday, but when I try to open the card in my laptop using a card reader, it is displaying two options: EOS DIGITAL (30GB) shortcut and another folder called Folder.exe.</p>

<p>Upon opening the short cut, I am able to access the previous files, shot two days back, but not the yesterday's shots?<br>

<br />When the card is inserted in camera, it shoots from next file number, display less available space but does not display any previous photographs.</p>

<p>How do I retrive the photographs?</p>

<p> </p>

This is why one shouldn't insert a memory card into a photo kiosk before making a backup (and also why one shouldn't

insert a memory card directly into a camera after using int in a kiosk before running an antivirus on it).

You may be able to recover your images using a photo recovery software, but you should try that only after removing the

virus from all the infected computers and memory cards. Good luck!

<p>LOL... good advice, but of course it could have been just as easily his computer which gave the card a cold. </p>

<p>Personally, I'd reformat the card and run recovery software on it. the software will pick out the images, but should leave the viral code alone (even though it'll see it, you should be able to tell the software to only get images.), if you are worried about it, have some AV software on standby to swoop in and do a clean sweep after you are done.</p>

<p>This type of stuff doesnt make me nearly as sick as developer and dark rooms. Do Not format the card this will only make it harder to recover your pictures. Also do not continue shooting new pictures on it. Go to Best Buy and get a handheld card reader. It looks like a IPOD, has a little internal 60 GB hard disk and ports for CF and SD cards. This allow you a safe place to copy your files to before moving them to your computer.<br>

Also, try plugging your camera into the computer using the USB cable. This should make the SD card availabe through the camera driver and protect it from viruses. It will be slower than using a card reader but safer than plugging SD card directly into computer. <br>

If al else fails use a diffeent computer to try reading SD card and try recovery software to get the pictues back. They are most likely still on the cards as long as you haven't overwritten or let the computer do any kind of disk repairs.</p>