Kiev-60 meter adjustment?

john_salomon2

<p>Hi,<br>

<br />I've been searching for a guide on how to adjust the meter on my Kiev-60.<br>

I've already read the Kievaholic Kalibration instructions, but the shutter speed ring on my meter does not have any recessed screws. Aside from that, the prism assembly looks the same as on the Kievaholic page:<br>

http://www.kievaholic.com/kiev60kalibration.html<br>

Can someone give me a hint as to whether there's a prism model without the dial screws? And if so, where can I find a guide on how to calibrate it? I'm a bit insecure about taking it apart if there's a chance that the innards will be different as well. Otherwise, is there anyone who does commercial recalibration?<br>

Thanks,<br>

-John</p>

<p>Wouldn't it just be easier to make an adjustment to the ISO speed setting? Like if the meter is a constant 1 stop out, simply set the film speed to double or half the rated ISO number. In fact the box-marked speed is rarely correct anyway.</p>

<p>John, my opinion is that trying to work with light meter, with a camera that has inaccurate shutter, is like the man that tries music with a bad instrument which will "ruin" his ears... enough said! The possible advantage with the Kiev is that it can shoot with some great glass... My advise is stick to that (i.e. the great glass) and shoot by underexposing using a hand held meter, to find out (about) the value by how much each shutter speed is overexposing (it may differ from one shot to another) and then use that knowledge to develop a "light meter" mind, that can be very beneficial for all your photography.... Theodoros. http://www.fotometria.gr</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Joe and Theodoros > I too recently got a TTL meter (while for K88) that is off, it isn't an acceptable solution to correct values, we need quite standardized values first, for when we use different gear. Plus, mine is 4 stops off, it quite reduces the metering range.<br>

In fact, I am quite happy with my Light meter mind and F16 skills, but the TTL precisely is useful for situations when I can't figure out speeds as easily as I'd like.</p>

<p>John > Perhaps yours is the old model, and may be adjusted exactly the same way, but just keeping the dials in place.<br>

I would love to know the calibration way for my meter, since it's of the older model too, let us know.</p>