Sb-900 firmware update

jcmexico2000

<p> Ok how do I update the firmware on my sb-900 flash., I have tried everything and is just frustrating when i download the file, and try to open it , it goes into my itunes. finally i was able to put it into a card and onto my d700 now the firmware version of my d700 looks like this A 1.03<br>

B1.02<br>

S 5.01<br>

The flash its attached to the camera and the camera and the flash are on.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Since the file has extension .BIN, your installation of iTunes somehow makes iTunes default opening program for file type .BIN. (?).</p>

<p>My iTunes does not have association with the .BIN files, and iTunes does not open binary files with extension .BIN. It is interesting how that assaciation was created for iTunes on your computer.</p>

<p>Go to Windows Control Panel and inspect all file associations for the iTunes program, then remove the .BIN from default file list for iTunes.<br /> Make a note how your iTunes was setup originally, perhaps a list of 35+ file types, so after you upgrade your flash, you could possibly return iTunes to prior state, if needed.</p>

<p>First fix the problem with the .BIN files. Do not let your SB900 update go wrong and damage the flash.</p>