Import Lightroom 2 Catalog into Lightroom 3 Catalog

<p>I have been using Lightroom 3 to manage and edit my images. Great program. This summer I will be photographing several baseball tournaments and it would be helpful if I could start the rating and editing process on a laptop at night in the hotel. </p>

<p>My question is:<br>

I have a perfectly good 17 inch Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz laptop just sitting in a closet. If I buy a copy of Lightroom 2 and load it on the Powerbook to start edits and ratings, can I use the export as a catalog function in Lightroom 2 to export the photos with the edits and ratings to a file and then import that file (a lightroom 2 catalog and photos with edits) into the Lightroom 3 catalog on my Windows 8 desktop and preserve all the ratings and edits I did on the Powerbook.<br>

I can find copies of Lightroom 2 cheap on the internet and I would like to avoid the expense of buying a new laptop. I am only going to photograph 2 or 3 tournaments away from home.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Aren't you entitled to use LR3 on two systems? (Rhetorical question; the answer is "yes.") Do you really need another license?</p>

<p>Yes, each version of LR will upgrade and read catalogs from prior versions. I'm doing this now with a 3 -> 4 migration. You don't have to export into a separate catalog; LR will read the default one.</p>

<p>Thanks for the answers. I found a copy of Lightroom 2 and will load it onto my Powerbook. The reason I don't use the second LR 3 license I have is that LR 3 and above do not run on the G4 processor. LR2 is the latest version to run on the G4. </p>

<p>Thanks again for the help.</p>

<p> </p>