critique

mark_englehart

<p>I am primarily a wedding and Mitzvah photographer. I would love any thoughts or suggestions on these photos. I had an opportunity to do some photos of residents of a hospice and these were shown at the facility. The photos of the couple are rather poignant. They are the last of them together. He (with the yellow sunglasses and blue shirt) passed shortly after I took these photos, and his widow passed the night before the show. The gentleman with the skates on his shirt (he looks like a much older Richard Petty) was a roller skating champ in the 30's. The nurses said he was steadier on the skates (at 90!!) than he was on his feet. It was one the most rewarding things I've done so far.</p>

<p>Half the battle is connecting with the people and drawing out character. In your case with the elderly and sick they don't care about how they look and they are content within themselves and they are full of character. It is hard to take a bad picture in that senario. Dealing with healthy people are a pain in the butt. lol Your shots are clean and you captured the essence of those beautiful people.</p>

<p>I really enjoyed these photos. I used to work in a nursing home for 14 years and looking at these folks just brought back many memories. Would be nice if you captioned something that they said by there portraits. The elderly always have some wisdom to tell.</p>