70-200 F4 with or without IS

john_valjean

I have the 70-200 f2.8 non IS and the 70-200 F4 IS. I shoot quite a bit of hockey and use the non IS F2.8 lens.. It is

possible to shoot with the F4 lens but the F2.8 helps a lot as most arenas are quite dark. In my opinion you do not need

IS for hockey. I bought the F4 IS lens later and it is a great lens. My primary reason for buying it was the fact is was half

the weight and quite a bit smaller than the F2.8 lens. For general use the IS is useful and I believe that the IQ of the F4

IS lens is better than that of the F4 non IS lens although I have never shot the latter lens. For sports use I would suggest

the F2.8 lens - without IS it is a similar price to the F4 IS. For general use the F4 IS is perhaps more versatile. In terms

of IQ the f2.8 non IS is better than the MK I F2.8 IS but not as good as the current MkII lens. The F2.8 and F4 IS have

very similar image quality although the F2.8 lens can produce better Bokah

I have the 70-200 f2.8 non IS and the 70-200 F4 IS. I shoot quite a bit of hockey and use the non IS F2.8 lens.. It is

possible to shoot with the F4 lens but the F2.8 helps a lot as most arenas are quite dark. In my opinion you do not need

IS for hockey. I bought the F4 IS lens later and it is a great lens. My primary reason for buying it was the fact is was half

the weight and quite a bit smaller than the F2.8 lens. For general use the IS is useful and I believe that the IQ of the F4

IS lens is better than that of the F4 non IS lens although I have never shot the latter lens. For sports use I would suggest

the F2.8 lens - without IS it is a similar price to the F4 IS. For general use the F4 IS is perhaps more versatile. In terms

of IQ the f2.8 non IS is better than the MK I F2.8 IS but not as good as the current MkII lens. The F2.8 and F4 IS have

very similar image quality although the F2.8 lens can produce better Bokah