Gift Registry for guests - how to go about this?

june_daley

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>A client of mine has asked if she can have guests contribute towards products she wishes to buy after the wedding (canvas etc). I like this idea and would like to explore it further, how would I go about setting it up though? Would I have guests pay me and then send them a 'gift card' to present to the bride and groom (and I would need to charge the bride and groom a fee for this service)? Should I give guests set amounts that they can pay etc?<br>

<br />Any other photogs who have a gift registry set up or have ideas on how to do it I would love to hear from you.<br /><br /></p>

<p>Thank you in advance,<br>

June</p>

<p>I'd see if paypal can set up something for you - or maybe print off gift certificates for the guests who purchase them - directly from you. Have the bride / groom indicate that as an option on their registry. </p>

<p>The transaction (payment) should be between you and the guests. Bride / groom should not be involved, nor charged. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>As David says, essentially issuing a gift certificate is the best way (I've found) to go about it - though I'd advise setting specific values ($50, $100, $150, etc. - or good for a specific product) to make the accounting easier.<br>

While the gift certificates could be used to <em>augment</em> the B&G's deliverables, they would NOT change what you've contracted for. It's a good reason to have an a la' carte pricing posted.</p>

<p>If you do ordering online deliverables, you'll have to make sure your site can handle the procedure of honoring the gift certificates. I usually take the amount of the certificate off of a potential order, and pay the diff (in cost) out of pocket and forward the pics to them.<br>

It's kind of a headache to setup a process, but in a nutshell, it's guaranteed sales at full price. Which can add significantly to your bottom line. Since your margin is in your products (at full price), no additional cost/charge should be added. </p>

<p>Thank you very much for the resonses.</p>

<p>I have created a 'gift registry' form on my website, and guests need only to fill it out with their payment method and delivery address and I'll send them a gift voucher for their desired amount. Will definitely offer this service to future clients.</p>

<p>Thanks again!<br />June</p>