Nikon Wednesday 2013: #5

Matt Laur

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>My heart goes pitter pat over those photos using APX 100.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"And Lex, what a great series. LOVE to hear any good news in this big bad world of ours."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanky kindly, I know she was relieved. Her older brother has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and it's slowed him down considerably.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><br />"Some really wonderful shots, but I do wish the multiple shots from a single poster would be entered as a single post and not multiple posts. It breaks up the "flow" of a story if someone else enters something in between. Maybe a tutorial for posting multiple shots in one post could be added to the instruction for posting page."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Good point, Jeannean. I'll post a tutorial and sticky it for awhile.</p>

<p>Swinging in the park.<br>

As an aside: two cents for V1 raw conversion: no doubt that Camera Raw (and Lightroom) or some others will give you sharper images, but I found that Capture NX2 presents more natural color, at least skin tone (at least for us Asian :) ).</p><div>00bIdZ-517143584.jpg.da2353129cb051f3bcc7c85922d1a397.jpg</div>

<p>Rodeo Joe, I know very little about flowers, but those yellow ones are common in northern California near where I live. Around this time of the year, you see them on road side all over.</p>

<p>I captured the earlier image around 7:30am so that the angle of the sun is low and I chose that angle for the background, and I ended up with side lighting. I captured the image below back in 2009 with the same 24mm PC-E lens but on a D700 body. It was overcast so that the colors look quite different.</p>

<p>If the flowers are there still there, I'll go back next weekend. But it is not hard to find them elsewhere this time of year. I have just reached my limit of 3 images for this week's Wednesday thread.</p><div>00bIiP-517215584.jpg.ac9358281a6cb183e0e3f1cbb092e871.jpg</div>

<p>I AM IN DEPRESSION CAUSE BEFORA A DAY MY NIKON SB700 WAS DROP FROM MY HAND ,AFTER DROP WHEN I ON MY FLASH,THEY ALWAY STUCY(STOP )AND A SIGN VIEW IN MY FLACH LCD PANEL<br />,SIGH DETAIL:<br /><br />I FOUND "M" SIGH WITH A ARROW,ARROW APPER AT UPER SIDE OF "M" AND AROW DIRECTION IS DOWN SIDE,AND A "CIRCLE" .CIRCAL HAVE "I" SIGH IN BETWEEN....<br /><br />AFTER NEARLY 5 MINUTES FLASH WILL READY THEN STUCK AGAIN<br /><br />PLS SOLVE MY PROBLEM<br /><br />SO THANKS</p><div>00bJoW-518043584.thumb.jpg.a26cfc557c5b4a1b5da04681d9713524.jpg</div>