Cant get converter off lens

ev

Hi,

Now this is going to sound really silly.

i just bought a sigma zoom lens 100mm to 200mm (secon hand). it came

with a converter Komura I think its called.

Now I got both lens off the camera. (a Nikon em). But now I cant for

the life of me get this little converter thing of the lens.

I cant seem to find any buttons to push to get it off, and its

driving me up the wall.

I hope one of you out there can help.

Thanks Evelyn in oz

on the converter thingo it says telemores95 k.m.c for al. Then

theres a number 3869.

If that helps any,

All Nikon fit lenses and converters should have some means of releasing the sprung pin that locks the lens into place on its mount.<p>I suspect that this converter is either NOT a Nikon fit one, or the release button has been broken off.<br>Most manual Nikon fit lenses and converters say N, Nai, or Nai-s on them, not 'al'.<p>Have a look for a hole or slot in the body of the converter, where a lever or knob or button might have once been.<br>Even if the release button has broken off, there should be the remains of a shaft that can be pushed or levered with a small screwdriver or something to release the lens.<p>Of course, if the converter is the wrong fitting, there may be no easy way to release the jammed pin, short of dismantling the converter or lens.<br>If that's the case, take the whole thing back where you bought it, and let them sort it out.

The problem could also be with the lens. There have been problems with old Sigma lenses getting stuck on some Nikon bodies. I think that the EM was one of them.

I was once looking at a 500mm mirror Sigma lens at a swap meet. The vendor mounted it to an FM or FM2 and when I decided to buy it, could not get it off of the body. He asked if I wanted the body as well.