Transferring files from CF Card

steve_johnston4

<p>I have a D200 that has 201 photos on the CF card. All great shots of my granddaughters cheer leading competition. They look fantastic on the camera monitor. Using a Promaster card reader and usb cable, I tried to copy them to two different laptops, one with Windows 7 and one with XP Pro. Both of the computers recognized the reader, saw the Nikon file, but would not see the photo files(RAW+JPEG). Please help! Thanks.</p>

<p>Are you *absolutely* sure you really did set the camera to RAW+JPEG? The card reader and Windows explorer should see the 2 separate files. Plus, you already have the RAW so ultimately, it's not a big deal. Use ViewNX and batch convert to JPEG.</p>

<p>Steve, basic question. Have you looked into the DCIM folder and the folder(s) within DCIM? There are two levels of directory to navigate before you get to the actual image files. DCIM>XXXND200. The image files will be in a folder called XXXND200, where XXX is some 3 digit number.</p>

<p>Have you ever read that card with that particular reader before? Some readers are touchy about that card, and it's not uncommon for older readers to choke on newer cards.</p>

<p>Quick fix, put the camera into "mass storage" mode, connect it directly to the computer with a mini-USB cable, and see if you can get at your files.</p>