hot pixel removal software recommendation please

<p>Hi folks,<br>

I need a software recommendation for batch processing hot pixels. I just got done shoot a wedding and have many, many candid shots taken in low light that have several annoying hot pixels. I talked to the Canon service rep and he siad that I can either send my 5D Mark II into the service center and they can reprogram it, or try a 3rd party software fix. <br>

So, what do you guys think? Is there a good software program that you can recommend? Should I send my camera to the service center? Should I by a new Mark III (just kidding)? <br>

Thanks for you help!<br>

P.S. I'm using a MAC.</p>

<p><em>Hmmmm..</em>.</p>

<p>It should do it completely automatically, Alex - you should simply be able to batch up your job in Lr as normal and the hot pixel fix should just <em>happen</em>. </p>

<p>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/33378528</p>

<p>Is it <em>definitely</em> not working as described in your case? That'd be <em>very</em> strange...</p>

<p>For the future, <a href="http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/33376181">this</a> seems to work for most folk:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>My 5D2 had a stuck pixel as well. However, there is a way to get the camera to remap it. You just switch to manual clean and then wait for 30s. Like magic the stuck pixel disappears.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Keith and Matthias. I'm going to try you suggestions. A few questions on the Lightroom fix. Should I be importing the images directly off the camer using Lightroom for it to work? Right now I use the Canon software to download the images and then import into Lightroom. Maybe that's the problem. And, is there a little box some where in the Lightroom settings that I need to click to ensure that the hot pixels are fixed as they import into Lightroom?<br /> Thanks again for all your help.</p>

<p>I'm not aware of the method of ingesting files onto a machine making any difference, Alex - I've used all sorts of methods to get my Raws onto my hard drives before importing them into Lr, and I've never, ever seen a single hot pixel in any of the tens of thousands of Lr conversions I've done.</p>

<p>Lr's hot pixel removal is entirely automatic, behind-the-scenes processing that you don't need to tick a box to activate.</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity Alex - are you using sRaw or mRaw at all? Lr isn't very good with hot pixels on those "<em>not very Raw</em>" formats, apparently: <br /> http://forums.adobe.com/message/4657465</p>

<p>Just want to confirm that it's the ACR (Raw converter) part of LR that is doing the hot pixel fix. So any Adobe product which uses ACR (PS, CS, LR) will do this for you automatically. It's so automatic, that it's quite possible that if you use LR exclusively, you'll never know that your camera has any, or many, hot pixels! and you may never care... <br>

If you want to confirm, open the raw file in DPP, and you'll see the hot pixels light up like a Christmas tree!</p>