D600 Focus Point

waynesview

<p>D600 - Focus point - I must be missing something and actually feel like the answer is probably right in front of me. Is there a way for me to set the focus point myself while shooting? I cannot have it bouncing all over the place like it does! I set it manually on my D3 all the time.</p>

<p>Thank you Shun! It was the "select single point" that I was not getting - I read that section of the manual three or four times. I guess I need to detach the D3 from my the end of my arm and get more used to the settings on the D600! Cheers! BTW - nice surf pics! Wish we had waves like that here on the Grand Strand!</p>

<p>Wayne, I am glad that it works out for you. When you originally wrote:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I cannot have it bouncing all over the place like it does!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It was clear that you had it set to auto-area AF.</p>

<p>I have been using those AF controls on the D7000 since late 2010. The D600 is so similar to the D7000 that it is almost literally the FX version of the D7000.</p>

<p>Shun, I have the D 600 too. It is my first camera with AF-A. In my opinion, the D 600 Nikon manual does not do a very good job of telling you the camera comes set for AF-A and what AF-A really means and how it affects other settings you might try and set. It took me one day of shooting to realize that I needed to get out of AF-A and set AF-S or AF-C to get the settings I really wanted. One focus point was one of these.<br>

Joe Smith</p>