Building on Photo equipment

kylebybee

<p>Would you be allowed to try them out for a while, Kyle? That is about the only way to make sure which lens is suitable for your needs. I guess you will come to notice that things look quite small in a landscape if the lens is too wide. But then again it comes down to your preferences. My 10-20mm Sigma has been collecting dust from the second or third day after I bought it. 16mm will do it for my landscapes most of the time. But I sure wish there would be a 16-85mm f2.8 lens for my D300.</p>

<p>Maybe you need a goal or project. Shoot more and shop less????</p>

<p>I do have a case of GAS for a portrait lens for my Mamiya RB67.</p>

<p>That said, I have a 4 year project that will compliment a wild 2013 project of doing a 365 day portrait project.</p>

<p>I need to focus more on shooting, lighting setups, and posing.</p>

<p>This will fuel the need for more film, maybe another flash, umbrellas, and eventually pocket wizards... so I understand the urge to buy something makes life easier. A viscious circle.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Personally Mike, the difference in the store anyway was there but not significant enough to help with a decision. Money always plays a big part in that. Ann the store doesn't have rental service, I know there are on line places that do, maybe I'll look into that. </p>