Aputure Trigmaster doesnt sync with my flash

peter_berger2

<p>Aputure Trigmaster triggers my flash (I can see it by eye), but the camera does not capture the light from the flash. When I use cable instead, everything is ok.<br>

I didnt have any problems with this radio trigger until now. So what could happen and how can I fix it? Batteries in reciever are fully charged, I am not sure about the battery in transmitter (they are not rechargeable).</p>

<p>What camera and flash do you have Peter?<br>

Check your camera settings - rear curtain sync, redeye reduction, HSS mode, wireless master etc, and turn them all <em>off</em>. Remember you lose all pre-flash TTL facility when using a simple radio trigger like that. Try setting the camera to fully manual exposure mode with 1/200th shutter speed and whatever aperture gives the correct exposure for the flash. That usually works totally bombproof on Nikon and Canon DSLRs.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>...I am not sure about the battery in transmitter (they are not rechargeable).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It might be a good troubleshooting idea to establish the transmitter's battery condition first.</p>

<p>Do your flashes fire when the test button on the transmitter is depressed?<br /> Most transmitters allow battery replacement by splitting the case of the transmitter...usually via<br /> a couple of small screws. Transmitter batteries are often similar to [button cell] watch batteries.</p>

<p>Marc</p>