Email List

mike_h14

<p>I am a preferred vendor of a company that deals with weddings. The owner once a month is going to email me a list of her clients or couples who might be. What is the best way to go about contacting them to see if they are in need of a photographer? An email? If so, what should it say?</p>

Hi Mike,

A really great question and I hardly ever say something like this.

If you have time it's best to call. If you don't have time send an email with an attachment to your site and

offer some sort of special. Something that requires them to order a print. Such as a free 16X20 or a much larger frame.

Your cost is around $25 or so. The print is worth whatever you think is about right. There's no need to

give you my prices, because photographers can vary from $50 to $350 or more. It also depends if you

do a canvas mount, or a texture mount, retouching, and of course the UV spray. Some people want

your photo signed.

I've offered free parent/grandparent albums. They don't cost very much and you can profit very well from

the prints for these albums.

Free engagement sittings?

It's really up to you to learn how to sell yourself as a very excellent photographer. This is why

you are much better than anyone in your area. That my friend is the key to success. Believing that you

are the very best.

I have about 25 awards hanging over one wall in the house for photography. A lot of them are for my

nature work. The clients don't know that!

The local Chambers vote regarding the best photographer of the year. Well there are only 2 of us in this

one Chamber so chances are you will win. Brag about your awards through the email link to your

wedding site or by phone.

Selling is the very hardest part yet the key with booking your weddings. You need to be a top seller.

Always believe in yourself. Best of luck to you.

<blockquote>

<p>I am a preferred vendor of <strong>a company that deals with weddings. </strong>The owner <strong>once a month</strong> is going to <strong>email me a list of her clients or couples who might be</strong>.</p>

<p>What <strong>is the BEST WAY </strong>to go about contacting them to see if they are in need of a photographer?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Re-arrange the arrangement with the “company that deals with weddings”.</p>

<p>When the owner or the sales person of the “company that deals with weddings” is selling to the prospects have that Salesperson mention: YOU; YOUR SERVICES – and – upon THEIR referral that you will offer them a complimentary16 x 20 mounted and framed print from your Wedding Coverage and also have the Salesperson mention that you will be in contact shortly.</p>

<p>Harvest the contact phone numbers from the “company that deals with weddings” <strong>each day</strong> and telephone the prospect that same afternoon or early evening to arrange the appointment for your own initial sales meeting with the prospects.</p>

<p>BTW I am not cribbing Bob’s idea about the complimentary print – a gift to the Client, the Mums and Dads; the Bridesmaids etc . . . of SIGNED a 16” x 20” was a staple gift of mine, for a long time.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p>That was my first thought as well, ie. Once a month? What's wrong with once a day (or at most once a week)?<br>

Photography decisions are typically made pretty early on in the wedding planning process (if the client gives two hoots about the photos that is ;) ), and given ANY significant delay, the client is going to be scouring the internet for other providers. An avg. 2 week delay is completely unacceptable IMPO.</p>

<p>Call & email. Though the context of each should reflect what happened with the other. either way, call first (and if you speak to them, ask permission to send the email -- if not, let them know you are sending them the email in the message). I personally wouldn't try to sell them in that first contact, just use that as a vehicle to introduce yourself, so they feel more comfortable - as well as making sure they can see your email - with links to packages, galleries, references, etc. .</p>

<p>As far as giveaways go, I can think of exactly 2 clients who would have been swayed by a free print or album - but that's me. I would say that no bride with half a functional brain is going to sign without reviewing your work and taking a quick peek around. So I'd save the freebies for call 2 or email 3 or whatever, ie, after you've hooked her, but have yet to reel in the line. </p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I think if you have sufficient time and if the mail-list is not too long then you must try to call them individually because you will get their immediate response. By sending them e-mail, you will have to wait for a long time for their feedback as some of them might not check their mails regularly or are not at all interested to reply.<br>

However, if you really want to send them a formal message, you can text it to their phone numbers and ask them to reply in "yes" or "no" to a toll free number. As in this techno-world people generally keep their phones always along with them, there is a possibility that you will get a faster response than through an e-mail.</p>