Using an Angenieux Lens designed for use with Leica R-series with a Canon 6D

jtmm

<p>I thought there may be some interest in my discovering that my Angenieux lenses, bought years ago for use with my Leica R4, work just fine with my new Canon 6D, with a Leitz 2x Extender, which gives me a maximum 410mm lens. I am using the same Hong Kong-sourced conversion collar I used for the Canon 50D, and it seems to work perfectly well. Obviously focus is manually, and the EXIF data defaults to show a 50mm lens is in use, but other than that, I am very happy to find that the high ISO facility within the Canon 6D compensates for what is effectively an f8 setting with the Leitz 2x extender attached.<br /> Here is a link to an image taken using this setup this morning: /> <br /> I wonder if anyone else has been experimenting to see what lenses actually can be used with the Canon 6D, that they may have felt were obsolete?</p>

<p>Using old manual focus lenses on EOS bodies is very common. In my case I currently use four Nikon lenses on my 5D II. In the past eight years I have used a total of 13 old manual focus lenses on my Elan IIe, 10D, 1Ds, or 5D II, including Canon FD with expensive Canon 1.26x FD-EOS converter, Nikon, and Zeiss. I am on a tight budget otherwise I would still have four or five of those! I am currently considering selling one, and adding two. I am very tempted to experiment with Leica R glass, something I have considered many times over the years, just have not found the right fit yet. </p>

<p>Have fun with your combo!</p>

<p>John, That is reassuring. I found a site which shows in great detail which leica lenses can be used with various DSLRs and provides information on sources for the various sorts of conversion collars available since I bought my cheap and cheerful one some years ago.<br>

In case others may find it helpful, here is the link to it:<br>

http://www.pebbleplace.com/Personal/Leica_db.html</p>