A rare pancake! Voigtlander Ultron 40mm in Olympus OM mount?

rob_h5

<p>Anyone every try this RARE PANCAKE lens? Not the kind you put syrup on lol. Its the <strong>Voigtlander Ultron 40mm in Olympus OM mount</strong>? I have read it was produced briefly in 2005 but I cant seem to find any. How is the performance? The seems like an excellent alternative to the Zuiko 40/2.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.beanos.com/~tsoutij/wp/stuff/index-of-pancake-lenses/cosina-voigtlander-ultron-40mm-f20">http://www.beanos.com/~tsoutij/wp/stuff/index-of-pancake-lenses/cosina-voigtlander-ultron-40mm-f20</a></p>

Your source refers to the availability in Oly mount as "Most likely it is just an Internet-fueled rumor." If you want one of

these compact (but not "pancake", honest. I have one in Nikon mount) lenses, get the Nikon mount version and a Nikon

to Four Thirds adapter.

I've seen a lot of people praise the 40mm f2.0 Zuiko, but I was not impressed by it. Granted, that was many years ago, on

film. On a 2x crop, the Voigtlander is hard to beat.

<p>No, it is a fact that they made them, at least the SL version, in very limited numbers and only for a short production run, but I believe they were mostly snapped up in Japan and even if a few made it to the US, they quickly sold out, and foreign buyers were involved too.</p>

<p>Somebody named K kawakami has some shots posted on p base.</p>

<p>The 40mm f2, either Zuiko or Voigtlander are all overpriced collector lenses. I've had two 40mm f2 Zuiko's pass through my hands. Both were too perfect to be users and were sold for 4X what I paid for them to provide funds for other, more mundane but useable lenses. Performance wise they were competent but not "WOW" lenses.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Slightly off topic, but I had one of the Zuiko 40mm lenses, too. Bought it on eBay, used it (on film) for about 6 months, sold it for slightly more that I paid for it.<br>

It was a nice lens, compact and reasonably sharp, but nothing really special. Don't really understand the premium price they command, except that Oly apparently didn't make very many.</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...