Polaroid Wireless Performance Battery Grip For Nikon D700

western_isles

<p>Thinking of the Polaroid grip for my D700 even though I know that the Nikon version is the better bet. Can't afford the Nikon grip as I blew my budget on Nikon prime lens!<br>

Does anyone have any experience of the Polaroid grip? In the main I am concerned it might damage the body in some way internally.<br>

If anyone with actual experience of this grip would like to share their experiences with me I would be grateful.</p>

<p>It's like Vivitar Dan, the company changes, but the name lives on. And like Vivitar, Polaroid these days are just in the business of selling on re-badged stuff.</p>

<p>Frank, I'd try and find out who actually makes that Polaroid badged grip. You may find it's even cheaper when purchased under the OEM's name. The Meike branded battery-grips seem to get a good press. I bought a Nicano grip for my D700 just as a backup power source - wouldn't recommend it; one of the rotary switches doesn't work very well and the overall feel is very plasticky.</p>

<p>I suggest you look into if/how it fits with an L-braket from Really Right Stuff or Kirk Enterprises, so you can mount the combo on a quality Arca-Swiss compatible tripod head. We know a Nikon fits and you can access the battery compartment. Don't know about the knock-offs.</p>